Videocon Hydrocarbon Holdings Limited (Videocon) is a Cayman Islands company set up in 2009. The Company is part of Videocon Group, a large and multi activity Indian business group ('Videocon Group'). Videocon, through its various subsidiaries and affiliates holds interest in various international oil and gas Concessions in Brazil, Indonesia, and East Timor. Videocon Group is one of India's largest private sector enterprises having business interest in various sectors, within and outside of India, including Oil & Gas Upstream. The Oil & Gas Division of Videocon Group, came into being in October 1994, with the signing of the Production Sharing Contract for the RAVVA Oil and Gas offshore Field off Kakinada in the State of Andhra Pradesh, India, as a 25% non-operating partner.
In 2006 Videocon diversified into the international portfolio of exploration interests by
successfully bidding for Offshore Blocks JPDA Block 06-103 in Timor Sea, Oman Block 56 in Sultanate of Oman.
In 2007 along with BPCL under 50 : 50 JV acquired 10 Exploration Blocks comprising of 4 Concessions in Brazil Offshore Basins viz.
- BM-C-30 Campos (1 Block C-M-101 - Operator : Anadarko)
- BM-SEAL-11 Sergipe (4 Blocks SEAL-M-349, 426, 497 & 569 - Operator : Petrobras)
- BM-POT-16 Potiguar (2 Blocks POT-M-663 & 760 - Operator : Petrobras)
- BM-ES-24 Espirito Santo (3 Blocks ES-M-588, 661 & 663 - Operator : Petrobras).
- BM-ES-24A was carved out from Concession ES-24 in 2011, comprising of Block 661 with Petrobras as Operator and IBV as sole JV Partner, consequent to exit of Anadarko.
In 2009 acquired a 12.5% Participating Interest from Anadarko in Nunukan Block Acreage in Indonesia.